[Equest-users] [Bldg-sim] [EnergyPlus_Support] White Box Technologies brings simulation weather data to the satellite age [1 Attachment]

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Fri Jan 12 18:42:49 PST 2018

I can certainly calculate the statistics, but I need some time first for more urgent
matters such as updating as well as replacing the modeled solar on all the 2017 weather
files. From what I've seen so far,  I expect the aggregate totals to change a little for
US locations because the modeled solar had already been calibrated against satellite solar
from another source in 2015, while for Canada and Europe the changes might be from a
little to moderate, and larger still for other parts of the world.  On an hourly and even
daily basis, I expect the differences to be much larger, but who's to say that the
satellite data which are on a 3-5km grid are necessarily better?  Please stay tuned.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 205A