[Equest-users] USER EXPRESSION

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Thu Feb 15 06:41:44 PST 2018

Hi Tejas,
I believe that eQUEST/DOE-2 always gives priority to outside air flow, so that hourly outdoor air requirements are always satisfied, consistent with the zone and/or system OA cfm values and control method. Therefore, the “minimum outdoor air flow rate” requirement in ASHRAE 90.1-G3.1.3.13 is automatically met.
So you enter 0.30 for the SYSTEM:MIN-FLOW-RATIO and you meet the 30% minimum flow requirement. (You can also enter minimum flow at the zones using ZONE:MIN-FLOW-RATIO, but the default expression copies the system-level value if it is entered.)
HOWEVER, if you still wanted an expression that sets the MIN-FLOW-RATIO to the greater of 30% or SYSTEM:MIN-OUTSIDE-AIR, you could use this expression for SYSTEM:MIN-FLOW-RATIO:
if (#RV(#L("MIN-OUTSIDE-AIR")) == 0)
              then MAX(#L("MIN-OUTSIDE-AIR"),0.30)
              else 0.30
              endif

Regards,
~Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, BEAP, CEM, LEED AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects LLP
Senior Energy Engineer

  [https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/96/The_Prodigy_Spitfire.jpg/220px-The_Prodigy_Spitfire.jpg]

134 South Fitzhugh Street                 Rochester, NY 14608

T: (585) 698-1956                        F: (585) 325-6005

bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com<mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com>             www.pathfinder-ea.com<http://www.pathfinder-ea.com/>

[http://png-5.findicons.com/files/icons/977/rrze/720/globe.png]Carbon Fee and Dividend - simple, effective, and market-based.