[Equest-users] Equipment Load

Fred Betz fbetz at aeieng.com
Fri Dec 21 08:34:10 PST 2018

I typically use 85% of the heat is captured by the hood assuming that the hood is design correctly and sufficiently extends beyond the cooking surface. If it's an existing kitchen, then it maybe less. ASHRAE Applications has some information, but the hood manufacturer and/or kitchen consultant should have a project specifc capture efficiency.

Also, not all of the equipment load is under a hood so you may want to look at the kitchen layout and prorate accordingly.

Also, don't forget to put the rest of the energy directly on the electric and gas meter.

You still have 26.5 W/ft2 of consumption so 80-85% of that needs to go directly on the meter just like exterior lights would with the same kitchen schedule. Same goes for the natural gas.

Hope that makes sense.

Fred

FRED BETZ  PhD,  LEED® AP BD+C
BUILDING PERFORMANCE

AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
5802 Research Park Boulevard | Madison, WI  53719

P: 608.236.1175 | F: 608.238.2614
fbetz at aeieng.com  |  www.aeieng.com