[Equest-users] Floor Multiplier in Detailed Edit Mode

Keith Swartz via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue Mar 7 14:35:47 PST 2017

Another trick to get intermediate floors to show up in the graphic is to make one of the zones an “atrium.” Be careful with the zone selection for this if you need the floor area, but an elevator or chase could be a good choice. Doing this truly creates separate floors in the model, which might be a problem with run time and file size, but maybe not.

If there is no useful zone for this, then I suggest doing a “save as…” and using this “atrium” file just for the pretty picture.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D29760.DDF289C0]

In the DD wizard, Screen 2 for the shell, click on the “Zone Names and Characteristics” button.

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D29760.DDF289C0]

Click on the desired zone, then check the box in the upper right for “Multi-Level Space (atrium).

[cid:image011.jpg at 01D29760.DDF289C0]

The intermediate floors show on the 3-D image!

[cid:image013.jpg at 01D29760.DDF289C0]

Keith Swartz, PE | Senior Energy Engineer
Seventhwave
608.210.7123 seventhwave.org