[Equest-users] [Bldg-sim] 8760 Load Profiles

Nicholas Caton via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Jun 21 11:56:33 PDT 2017

My contribution will echo with Justin’s:

Your first and best source of what the load profiles look like in aggregate for a given site is whatever you can come up with from the utilities and any upstream campus submeters / logs.  Before running down the path of “building up” to what’s seen at the bills and campus meter(s), establish how far you can get looking at this from the “top down.”  I would try to constrain a prototype-driven “build up” exercise to only providing a loose context to what might make up what’s actually being measured in aggregate.  With some luck, you might find interval data exists which isn’t otherwise published or shared out by the utility campus metering folks.

If you (or your client) have any purpose-built models developed already to evaluate/calibrate against existing bills, I’d would definitely consider leveraging those before falling back to from-scratch DOE reference models.

Time/resources spent making a guess “from scratch” might be better invested exploring options to add some logging/metering to get some real insight into what the aggregate profile really looks like, even if only for a short period.

~Nick

[cid:image001.png at 01D2EA94.EBC19F00]
Nick Caton, P.E., BEMP
  Senior Energy Engineer