[Equest-users] Modelling Non AC building in eQUEST

Chris Baker via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue Feb 14 18:02:07 PST 2017

Not sure how much help I would be but I did find this online tool that looked useful.

http://comfort.cbe.berkeley.edu/

And here’s another downloadable calculator for cool roofs/passive ventilation (Wow).

http://thermalcomfort.co.in/resources/calculators
Exploring cool-roof and passive ventilation techniques to achieve thermal comfort.

If you were working on this as part of a larger LEED cert, like LEED NC, you would usually end up having to model cooling systems in both models serving all conditioned zones whether or not your design incorporates a cooling system of any kind (because ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix G would dictate how to proceed in that case).

I’m sure others here would have more useful info for your specific case though.

Good luck with the model!

Chris Baker
CCI Alliance of Companies
Fort Wainwright, AK