[Equest-users] Modelling Non AC building in eQUEST

Kirti Pabrekar - Patil via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue Feb 14 05:34:33 PST 2017

Dear eQuesters,

I have the following doubt.

1. This is a hostel building. all the rooms are non ac except the wardens
cabin and the counselling room. These two rooms have split units.

2. I have to model this for thermal comfort compliance - so i need to show
that there are less unmet hours in the building.

How do I go about this?

What i thought was as under,

1. I made the entire model and assigned the ac and non ac spaces as per
design.
2. I plan to put a system in the non ac rooms, such that the CFM generated
due to ceiling fans can be put as Fan Flow Parametres. A 12 hour fan
schedule (as per the evening + night time occupancy hours) can be assigned
to this. Other than this there will be no input parameter assigned to this
system - no COP, no efficiency. Other than this these rooms have to behave
as non ac spaces.

Now my questions,
1. Do you think this is logical way to do?
2. Is there any other way to go about this?
3. If what i have described in point 2 is okay, while i assigning systems
what should it be? Like Sum or FNSYS or VAVS etc? Please let me know the
specifics

Please give me an insight into this ya.

Regards
Kirti

*Kirti Pabrekar - Patil*
M. Arch, LEED GA,
IGBC AP, GRIHA Trainer & Evaluator,

*Green is a commitment...not a competition*