[Equest-users] High cooling consumption before lights level are decreased

Sharad Kumar via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu Feb 2 19:48:56 PST 2017

Hi Fakeha,

As you decrease the lighting schedule the lighting power decreases, true.
As when the lighting power decreases and hence the heating goes down due to
the lighting power reduction, understandable.
Now when the heating due to the lighting power goes down there is less
cooling required and hence less cooling consumption should be there so you
are right.

But the possibility can be as follows:

1. You are required to observe that the lighting load decreases in the case
of 13:00 to 17:00.

2. But the cooling consumption is rigorously high in the case of 9:30 to
23:30.

4. Hence there can be some other more rigorous reasons as per me behind the
fact that why there should be more cooling consumption in this case then
the fact of the lighting loads factor.

Following can be the factors:

a. It is the day-time schedule of the project so can be that there are
other factors responsible for this as this can be the general schedule for
all type of purposes like equipment, cooking, refrigeration, HVAC, and
other factors.

b. May be this is the day-time when there can be higher atmospheric DBT and
WBT so might be this is the case of higher cooling consumption.

For more help from me you can attach the model (.pd2 and .inp) and weather
files next time.

May be other can also help.

*Thanks,*
*Sharad.Kumar*