[Equest-users] High cooling consumption before lights level are decreased

Sharad Kumar via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Feb 1 03:40:17 PST 2017

Hi Fakeha,

This is the second mail today.

You might be knowing that when you decrease the lighting schedule the
lighting load decreases so as the heating part of lighting load.
There is no normal reason behind what are the real factors causing it.
Following can be the cases:

1. Due to low cooling set-point as well as higher lighting fraction
schedule there can be easy way to know why there is higher cooling energy.

2. Maybe as the lighting fraction and the cooling set-points are matching
in the case of 2 pm to 5 pm to have the low cooling consumption.

3. May be the duration between 11 am and 2 pm is the time where there is
too much possibility to have the higher cooling consumption as the
condition matches to have the higher cooling load but you are unable to
resolve it so might be it depends upon your model or something so that in
this case of 11 am to 2 pm the cooling consumption is higher.

4. Another reason can be that there can be the possibility in this case
that the duration, schedule, time ans set-point is such that that it is
able to have the cooling consumption going higher in this case.

I'm unable to predict more but others can may help.

*Thanks,*
*Sharad.Kumar*