[Equest-users] Dual Heating System modeling in eQuest

aditya c aditya.c84 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 23:10:58 PST 2017

Dear All,

I am modeling a building which is served by RTUs with electric reheat in
the daytime during the occupied hours and gas heating during the unoccupied
hours.

Can anyone guide me on how to model dual heating system in the proposed
model for the same zones for different timeintervals, one during the
occupied period & other during the unoccupied & warmup period.

Also during modeling the baseline model I am confused which system to
consider in the base case (Electric/Gas).

The note in ASHRAE 90.1-2007 Appendix G states *"Where attributes make a
building eligible for more than one baseline system type , Use the
predominant condition to determine the system type for entire building",*

>From this, I can interpret that since during the occupied hours we have
electric reheat (in the proposed case) we can consider the electric reheat
as the predominant heating system and consider the baseline model with
electric reheat. Please correct me if  I am wrong.

Kindly guide me on the above listed query.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Aditya