[Equest-users] Sea-Water Cooled Chiller Modeling

Sefa Şahin via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue Aug 15 07:30:31 PDT 2017

Hi Nick,
First of all, I can not assigned Lake/Well heat exchanger on CW loop. I
can attach Lake/Well heat exchanger on Lake/Well type circulation loop
and i can assign Lake/well circulation loop as chiller condenser loop.
We assigned design constant sea water temperature with temperature
schedule on equest ground loop heat exchanger tab as you can see at the
attachment.
For example, i tryied this configuration on a simple model that include
air cooled chillers. We thought that when we changed air cooled chiller
with sea-water cooled chiller on same simple model, the cooling
electrical consumption will be decreased. But the cooling consumption
increased. Did we think mistake?

Thank you for kindly helping
Best Regards
Sefa