[Equest-users] Elevator Loads

Sharad Kumar via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu Oct 13 03:43:03 PDT 2016

Hi Darryl,

As we know that power has a formula of power is equal to force into velocity.
Hence if one applies the pound (lbs) multiplied with 0.454 kg (kg=lbs
* 0.454  ) to get the mass in kg.
Then if we get velocity which is in fpm to m/s. (m/s= fpm/ 3.28/ 60)
Then we are required to multiply the mass (which is same as force) and
velocity to get the power which is coming as 4.037 kW and 6.459 kW in
my case.
Hope this may help.

Thanks,
Sharad.