[Equest-users] Doe 2.3 Error

David Griffin II via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Oct 26 23:28:24 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I tried to be brave and take on the task of vetting DOE 2.3 - It has come with a few headaches.  I thought I was getting the hang of it until eQUEST started  throwing errors at me. Being less familiar with the DOE 2.3, I'm not finding success trouble shooting the issue either. I have attached the file for everyone's reference.

I tried rebuilding the model from scratch in case the file got corrupted somehow - no luck. That effort pointed me to the CHW loop/equipment, but nothing jumps out at me when I review the inputs. The water-side model tries to take advantage of an 'UPSTREAM' water-side economizer in series with two chiller which operate in parallel. DOE 2.3 is supposed to explicitly model this scenario if I'm correct.

The air-side systems include VAVs w/ reheat for the office spaces, 2-pipe fan coils for the communication rooms, and water cooled CRAC units with humidification for the Labs/Data Center - server by an MAU. The equipment loads for these spaces are considerably higher than what one might see in a typical office building.

I'm curious to see if we can figure out the error as a group. Additionally, I'm always open to learning from my mistakes, so if you see anything unusual in the model that might not be directly related to the issue at hand, I'm open to the criticism.

Thanks in advance!

[ARCH | NEXUS]<http://www.archnexus.com>
DAVID W. GRIFFIN II
BEMP
ENERGY ANALYST
2505 E Parleys Way
Salt Lake City, UT 84109
Office 801.924.5028
archnexus.com<http://www.archnexus.com>
[Twitter]<https://twitter.com/arch_nexus>[Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Architectural-Nexus/179588705397563?ref=ts&fref=ts>[Youtube]<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYRPWKF-yp-AUiI8ia2XfKw?feature=mhee>[LinkedIn]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/architectural-nexus>