[Equest-users] Removing Unmet Hours?

Saurabh Kumar Srivastava via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu Oct 20 20:40:55 PDT 2016

Hey Guys!

I was just removing the Unmet hours from my Proposed and Baseline Models and have encountered a  few questions.
It would be really nice if you could let me know the correct approach!

Proposed Case
- As the Proposed building has District Heating (hot water via Steam Meter) there are a lot of Unmet hours (approx. 5000)
- To design the radiators I've use Baseboard heating with Control as Thermostatic.
- Increased the Min Air flow ratio in the Zones of the VAV system to almost 0.9
- Increased Throttling range to 5°R
- Increased Reheat Delta T to 35°F
There is no restrain on the amount of heat the building wants.
Hence, I wish the building receives unlimited heating from the Hot Water(Purchased Heat),So whatever is the requirement ,it is sufficed by the Heating system.
This may lead to reduction in Heating Unmet hours.
1)How can I do this, to reduce the Heating Unmet hours?

Baseline Case : System 7
- As the VAV system is with Reheat, and the heating is through Hot water(Purchased heat).
1)Would it be right to Keep Baseboard Heating using Hot water on to counter Unmet hours?
Unmet hours is Approx 5000.

- As per G3.1.3.12, The Min Air Flow ratio is to be 0.4
2)Can I increase it to counter Unmet Cooling and Heating hours?

As the Project Deadline is 28/10/16. I really needed advice.

Please Feel Free to add any suggestion or approach strategies! :)

Best Regards

Kumar