[Equest-users] How building consumption varies with 1 and 2 Degree analysis with 2 variable humidity difference?

Rehana Jiffrey via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon May 9 05:52:58 PDT 2016

Hi All,

I'm trying to see how the building consumption changes in response to
climate change. For this scenario I have calibrated an existing residential
building (located in Dubai) to the actual electricity consumption.

This is my fist time handling a project with response to climate change.
This was my approach to see how temp. affects the building consumption.

1.Get the regression model using typical Dubai weather. Get the equation
based on cooling degree days and vary the CDD by 1% and 2% to get the new
Kwh consumption. With that building consumption has increased by 2 to 5 %.

2. Get the equation with RH and vary by 5% or 10% averages.(Still yet to do)

Meanwhile, I was thinking to increase WB temp. by 2 Deg Celsius. For this have
to change 8760 numbers of data in the excel weather file, and then must be
converted back to .bin format to run the simulation.

I would appreciate if someone could share any thoughts on how to tackle
this. Has anyone done energy modeling projects varying temperatures and
humidity?

Thank you

Rehana.