[Equest-users] Output of Space cool consumption comes innegative

Nicholas.Caton at schneider-electric.com Nicholas.Caton at schneider-electric.com
Tue Mar 29 07:59:52 PDT 2016

Hi Nitin,

I suspect there are inadvertent changes beyond those you’ve described moving CFM’s around.  Comparing a before/after save file case could prove enlightening if that’s available.

I searched the archives a bit – past instances of  “negative cooling” have reportedly involved:

-          Misapplied CHW loop reset scheduling

-          Drastically undersized chiller capacities (review units, try auto-sizing)

-          Drastically undersized heat rejection / towers, in a similar vein

-          Custom chiller curves gone awry

Some other observations, beyond the negative cooling:

-          Electric heating is more than doubling

-          Electric fan energies are altogether slightly higher

-          Gas heating is a full magnitude larger

From the above I’d suspect one or more edits to inputs on the hydronic side are playing a role…

Best regards,

~Nick

Nick Caton, P.E.

  Senior Energy Engineer
  Energy and Sustainability Services
  North America Operations
  Schneider Electric

D  913.564.6361
M  785.410.3317
E  nicholas.caton at schneider-electric.com <mailto:nicholas.caton at schneider-electric.com>
F  913.564.6380

15200 Santa Fe Trail Drive
Suite 204
Lenexa, KS 66219
United States

  <http://www.schneider-electric.com/ww/en/>

*Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail