[Equest-users] Natural gas heat pump simulation

dani vilavedra vilà dvilavedra at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 22 01:14:03 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'm modeling
a natural gas heat pump system in eQuest. When I create my outdoor unit, I create
it as a Pkgd Var. Vol unit and I set heating source as natural gas and zone heat
source as heat pump. Simulating it like explained results doesn't show heating
consumption and only 75hours out of throttling range in heating. As building is
in Barcelona, there should be heating consumption, and I find results unbelievable.

Despite in
my opinion, a gas heat pump doesn't use hydronic gas(there's no water heating)I
also have tried to simulate as explained before but changing zone heat source
as gas hydronic, and simulating like this I reach a huge amount of heating,
even in summer, which is also unreal.

Your
opinion would be really appreciated on haw I should simulate it or what might
be doing wrong.

Thanks a
lot