[Equest-users] [Bldg-sim] 90.1-2007 App. G baseline fan power question

via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue Jul 12 06:17:29 PDT 2016

This is totally appropriate as far as 90.1/LEED guidance.

I have in the past also pursued a “simplified” approach wherein I dump all Pfan power onto the supply fan and make the associated return fan “powerless” (very tiny kW/CFM).  I’ve been clear in documentation and that approach made it through a few reviews without comment.  This might for some baseline systems have some relative effect on baseline auto-sizing capacities considering fan heat loads relative to cooling coils, but in the aggregate I’m not certain this should have any substantial / consistent energy performance impact between projects.

Food for thought ;-),

~Nick

Nick Caton, P.E.

  Senior Energy Engineer