[Equest-users] Can DOE2 couple with CFD software?

Charudatta Joshi cjoshi.energy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 08:12:16 PST 2016

Yongqing,

One way you might be able to accomplish this is if your CFD program
reads/writes input/output to/from unencrypted text files. You could process
inputs from eQUEST's .inp file to something which the CFD program will
interpret. Once the CFD analysis is done, you might open the original .inp
and the CFD output text file in Excel, and update the relevant entities
(CFMs, schedules, etc) in the .inp file. A bit of VBA might make that part
easy. Of course, I'm presenting a 30k feet view, but hopefully this gives
one possible headstart.

Best of luck.

CJ