[Equest-users] Energy Recovery Wheel on VAV System

Daniel Knapp danielk at arborus.ca
Mon Feb 1 08:42:16 PST 2016

Zone exhaust is presumed to exhaust directly to the outside without going back to the system, i.e. it is assumed that you are specifying a separate zonal exhaust fan that is not connected to the main VAV system. If you remove the zone exhaust, the system level exhaust will be determined by the outdoor air fraction of the supply air. This outdoor air fraction will depend on the demand for outdoor air from the zones. i.e. the outdoor air is specified at the zone level, and determines the outdoor air supply at the system level.

Hope that helps,
Dan

—
Daniel Knapp PhD, P Phys, LEED AP O+M