[Equest-users] Design Guidance

Saurabh Kumar Srivastava via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Aug 24 01:37:02 PDT 2016

Hello everyone!

Greetings!

I wished to learn how to model these in my Equest model of a NC Building.

- The DHW uses heat from the Steam meter(Purchased Heat { using Hot Water}) which I've used for heating the Building. How do I assign and/or connect, such that the DHW would use the same heat used for heating the Building?

-The Building has 4 Water cooled Chillers which have 4 Drycoolers. 1 drycooler is already made by default. I wished to model 3 more, so that they serve the 4 chillers.
  -- Place to input the Cooling Tower Fan power for each of the 4 Drycoolers; Would It be in the Codensor Water Loop Pump?
  -- Place to Input Condensor water(CW) leaving temperature

-Place to input Chilled Water Supply Temperature and CHW Delta T (Temp Diff between supplying of Chilled water and leaving CHW) for the Chiller.

- 4 Primary Chilled water Pumps for Chiller are present. The Places to input the values for Primary CHW Pump power and Primary CHW Flow. In case I've got to make and assign Primary Chilled water Pumps, where can I do that ?

I'm slightly confused between the Chilled Water Loop Pump under the CHW loop; is it the Secondary Pump or Is it a summation of Primary and Secondary pumps ?

-How do I sequence/stage the 4 chillers. I've made a step of 0-200: Chiller 1;  200-400: Chiller 2;  400-600:Chiller 3;  600-880: Chiller 4;  but I've not known the technique to input this data.

Best Regards

Kumar