[Equest-users] [External] Re: Unmet hours in residential building

Porter, Frederick NOR fporter at noresco.com
Thu Oct 15 14:41:31 PDT 2015

Since I’m on a roll, I’ll add to Michael’s observations;
The HVAC is all auto-sized. The design cool t in the attached model is set to 75F in all zones, including unconditioned attics and heated only spaces. The design heat t is 75F in the “roof zone.” Any cooled space adjacent to these could be undersized for cooling; since the cooling design interior wall/ceiling heat flows are based on the difference in the cooling design ts. You can arbitrarily increase those temps, or turn on zone reports for those zones (defaults to NO for unconditioned and plenum zones) and look at their actual peak temps and use the numbers from the zone reports. Similar for heating, and the attic,  except the model design heat t = 75F and zn max heat setpt = 72F which results in a little hidden safety factor.

VERY common issue. It’s so nice to look at DOE-2 files that I can understand; I’m now wading into E+, OS, Simergy…

Fred