[Equest-users] Central PV system contribution to single building?

Sharad Kumar sharadcapricious at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 17:00:55 PST 2015

Hi Zhouzarah,

I have done some calculations as per my understanding.
I have done certain assumptions like:
1.  Solar PV area and
2.  Number of months for solar insolation in India.
Insolation is nothing but the direct solar radiation energy per PV sq.
meter per day.It can be over the ground surface  also.
For India the average insolation can be from 4 to 6.5 kWh/ sq. meter/ day.
It varies from country to country.
[image: Inline image 2]

Total solar energy generated as electricity per year = Solar insolation
(kWh/ sq. meter/ day)X solar PV area X total number of days for proper
solar insolation X efficiency of the the solar PV cell.
The efficiency of solar PV varies from 8 to 13 %age for mono crystalline to
poly crystalline PV
Hence i have done the calculations.
Even IES-VE has the module to have the solar PV calculations.
This energy can be deducted from the proposed case energy consumption to
have the savings.

Thanks,
Sharad.Kumar
Green Horizon Consulting LLP