[Equest-users] Steam humidification

Fred Betz fbetz at aeieng.com
Mon Dec 7 20:02:54 PST 2015

The makeup water is not included the energy that I've been able to tell.

To properly model steam systems in eQUEST I've added a process load that accounts for: make up water and the deaerator. The total energy impact can be significant (20-30%) depending on your system design.

While we're on the topic of steam systems in eQUEST. It would be nice if you could have a separate boiler system for the humidifier from the heating hot water system. We've been using heat recovery chillers and condensing boilers for a lot of projects lately that generate 130F hot water with separate process steam boilers for humidification and/or sterilizers to be more energy efficient, which currently can't be modeled in eQUEST.

Fred

Fred Betz  PhD., LEED AP ®BD+C
Senior Sustainable
Design Consultant

AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
5802 Research Park Blvd. | Madison, WI  53719

P: 608.236.1175 | F: 608.238.2614
fbetz at aeieng.com<mailto:fbetz at aeieng.com>  |  www.aeieng.com<http://www.aeieng.com/>