[Equest-users] Hot Water Usage Percent

Nicholas Caton ncaton at catonenergy.com
Wed Dec 2 11:18:06 PST 2015

I advise grabbing a copy of your project's reprequisite preliminary
documentation (as occurring) to avoid conflicts in your calculations, then
to leverage the 'Service Water Heating' tables in the Seciton 1.4 tables
spreadsheet to work out the % of hot water consumption per fixture.  This
will account for cold water usage.

I typically leverage the annual ground water temperature (representative
of cold water at delivery), the delivery temperature from the SHW
equipment, and the mixed fixture outlet temperatures weight the % of hot
water delivered for each fixture type consuming hot water.

The spreadsheet will then calculate the "peak" gal/hr (provided the
"annual equivalent hours" determined from your fractional schedule) w0hich
you can easily convert to gal/min for equest input.

It's a relatively easy number crunching exercise.  Hope that helps!

NICK CATON, P.E.
Owner

Caton Energy Consulting
  306 N Ferrel