[Equest-users] Interior LPD Baseline & Proposed

Vikram Sami VSami at lasarchitect.com
Mon Mar 8 21:18:15 PST 2010

My two cents:

Cent 1:
If you don't really have any controls out of the ordinary (occ sensors, daylight dimming), its probably not too far off using the whole building method. The dollar sign at the end of this cent is that if you have some spaces with a really high lighting power density (much higher than the average), you might want to use the space by space method to simulate the additional heat load to that space from the lights.

Cent 2:
If you have control strategies like occ sensors or daylight dimming, you probably want to use the space by space method. You don't want to penalize yourself (or credit yourself) for controls in a space that has a significantly different LPD from the average.

At the end of the day its a judgement call - I have done both on different projects.

Vikram Sami, LEED AP
Direct Phone 404-253-1466 | Direct Fax 404-253-1366

LORD, AECK & SARGENT ARCHITECTURE
Responsive Design · Technological Expertise · Exceptional Service
www.lordaecksargent.com