[Equest-users] Data Center modeling

Bruce Easterbrook bruce5 at bellnet.ca
Fri Jul 9 16:49:19 PDT 2010

By default equest will assign a ahu system to each floor.  Save a copy
of the files, PD2, INP, and open the copied project.  On the action tab
to the left click building creation wizard, ignore the warnings and go
back, you have a disposable copy right?  Get to the project navigator
tab.  If you have everything done right you will have your zones under
the building shell components and under the air side system types you
from the sound of it you will have HVAC system 1.  You can create your
new systems using the tab below.  Create what ever systems you need.
Press finish.  Get into your waterside HVAC tab, it is better explained
as your system tab.  Look down on the left in your component tree and
you will see air-side systems.  All you ahu's should be there.  Just cut
and paste your zones out of HVAC system 1 into the air handlers you want
them in.  If you empty HVAC 1 of zones delete it.  Ideally you should
now have all your zones where you want them.  If not save again, go back
into the building creation wizard and try again.  Good luck.
Bruce Easterbrook P.Eng.
Abode Engineering