[Equest-users] Loop Sizing Warning

Ömer Moltay omoltay at mimtarch.com
Tue Feb 9 02:47:55 PST 2010

Dear All,

In my project with chiller / boiler / fan coil units combination, I am getting the following warning message:

Loop: circLoopTwoPipe     heating capacity is smaller than the secondary demand. Primary= -1569000. Secondary= -5169419.

Here, the primary value is the capacity of my boiler that I entered.

The fan coil system is two pipe and I have one primary and 5 secondary loops serving the system. For the secondary loops I do not get any warnings.

When I look at the PS-D Circulation Loop Loads report, I see that for this primary loop my SUM value is -1011 (MBTU) for heating. The peak value is -4414 (KBTU/Hr).

Obviously eQuest does not like the capacity of the boiler. However, this is a proposed design and the system is quite sufficient. Why would the secondary demand on the circLoopTwoPipe be so high?

Thanks,

Ömer Moltay, LEED AP
Mimta Ltd.
Hekimsuyu Cad. 559. Sk. No:39