[Bldg-sim] Modeling only the Common Areas in a Building

Ahmad Fraij fraij at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 12:57:08 PST 2022

 Hello Guys,

I am modeling a residential apartments building and I have the energy consumption only for the common areas of this building. I need to calibrate the eQUEST model to this common areas monthly energy consumption data so, what will be the best solution? I am thinking about the below two solutions:

   - Can I connect all the common areas systems (HVAC, lighting...etc) to one meter and use the data of this meter to calibrate the model to the actual energy consumption? If yes, then in which simulation report can I find the monthly readings of this meter?
   - The other option I can do is to not assign any HVAC, lighting...etc to the residential apartments and I only assign these systems to the common areas and then run the simulation.

So, did anybody encounter this before? which option of the above is the best? Or may be you can help me with another better solution?
Thanking you guys for any help
Regards
Ahmad