[Bldg-sim] Making a building with hollow core in eQuest software

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 21:59:24 PDT 2021

 Make the zoning in the DD Wizard, Leave out the garden area but put in zones around the garden.
When you get to the DETAIL EDIT mode, go into the .INP file and change the INTERIOR-WALL to EXTERIOR-WALL, the wall composition to INT-Wall, and remove the NEXT-TO command and replace with SHADING-SURFACE = YES. I have been doing this on models for the last 3 months.
It works.
John R Aulbach, PE