[Bldg-sim] New Climate Data available from Climate.OneBuilding -- USA ... and our 13, 000th location!

Andrew Corney andrew_corney at trimble.com
Thu Sep 5 02:15:17 PDT 2019

Dru - the hard work of you and your colleagues is greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 10:07 AM Dru Crawley via Bldg-sim <
bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org> wrote:

> Climate.OneBuilding.org <http://climate.onebuilding.org> is pleased to
> announce the availability of new climate data (TMYx) -- including our 13,000
> th location -- 2585 locations in USA. These new data include 2018 (TMYx
> based on 2004-2018 data) and NSRDB PSM V3 (https://nsrdb.nrel.gov/) solar
> data for USA.
>
> TMYx are derived from the ISD (US NOAA's Integrated Surface Database) with
> hourly data through 2018 using the TMY2/ISO ISO 15927-4:2005 methodologies.
> Of course, any naming mistakes in any of the countries are ours. More
> details on the numbers of locations by country are at the end of this
> message.
>
> Adding these data to the earlier (April/October/November 2018 and
> February/March/July 2019) sets for the rest of the world,
> Climate.OneBuilding.org now provides a worldwide climate TMYx data at no
> cost for more than 13,250 locations and another 3,200 from other data
> sources worldwide. All data have been through extensive quality checking to
> identify and correct data errors and out of normal range values where
> appropriate.
>
> Each climate location .zip on Climate.OneBuilding.org
> <http://climate.onebuilding.org> contains: EPW (EnergyPlus weather
> format), CLM (ESP-r weather format), and WEA (Daysim weather format) along
> with DDY (ASHRAE design conditions in EnergyPlus format), RAIN (hourly
> precipitation in mm, where available), and STAT (expanded EnergyPlus
> weather statistics).
>
> For more information or to download any of the weather data (no cost), go
> to http://climate.onebuilding.org
>
> Climate files in this update:
>
> ·        TMYx WMO Region 4 (North and Central America) 2585 USA
> locations, 4981 climate files: 2585 from full dataset, 2396 with 2004-2018
> years data.

*Andrew Corney* • PE, M.CIBSE, M.ASHRAE
Product Director - Sefaira
SketchUp | Trimble Architecture and Design
M: +44 7887 059 722
andrew_corney at trimble.com
www.sefaira.com

Queens House, 55-56 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London, WC2A 3LJ

<http://www.sketchup.com/>
<http://www.sketchup.com/>
<http://www.sketchup.com/>
<http://www.sketchup.com/>