[Bldg-sim] energy plus/open studio hourly results (DView)

Michael J Witte mjwitte at gard.com
Tue Jun 18 15:03:12 PDT 2019

Nick,

Very nice tutorial - learned something new.

Just to clear up the anomalies that you noticed. The outdoor dry bulb
temperature in this sql output is reported as monthly average, while the
wet bulb is reported hourly. Also, the data starts with the summer and
winter design days followed by the annual simulation, which explains the
high chiller use at the beginning of the data.

In general, the data table "ReportVariableDataWithTime" is a better one
to look at, because it includes the date/time data.

And, by the way, by browsing the file this way, I noticed that the
TimestepType fields are wrong.
https://github.com/NREL/EnergyPlus/issues/7342

Mike