[Bldg-sim] energy plus/open studio hourly results (DView)

Javed Iqbal javedvit at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 05:27:16 PDT 2019

Hi,
There might be some other ways of extracting and reading the hourly file
but for me;

- generating E+ output variables .eso seems quite simple and friendly which
could be extended by referring .rdd file (an E+ output to see list of
possible output variables)
- visualize the .eso in various free software such as xEsoView [Link
<http://xesoview.sourceforge.net/>]or DesignBuilder ResultViewer [Link
<https://designbuilder.co.uk/download>]
- plot or see .eso imported data in .csv or graphical format

Hope this is helpful.

thanks,

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 12:48 PM Karol Bandurski via Bldg-sim <
bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org> wrote:

> Dear Experts,
>

> We start work with student in OpenStudio. Now we would like to explore
> hourly results.
>
> 1)      Is some simple way to export all hourly results to *.csv / *.xls
> format?
>
> 2)      We try to use DView. But it is not manage to open file, it close
> itself. What could be wrong…
>

> Our file:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/7c87etxszrlwbiz/eplusout.sql?dl=0
>

> Kind regards,
> Karol

> Karol BANDURSKI M. Sc.
>
> Faculty of Civil and Environemntal Engeneering
>
> Division of Heating, Air Conditioning and Air Protection
>
> Poznan University of Technology
>
> https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Karol_Bandurski
>
> www.put.poznan.pl/~karol.bandurski

Javed Iqbal, LEED AP, CEA