[Bldg-sim] cold war, cold weather...

Michael J Witte mjwitte at gard.com
Fri Jun 7 07:05:40 PDT 2019

Chris - Sure, go right ahead and write a joint article for CIBSE and ASHRAE.

I know ASHRAE is working on interviewing those with a long-time
perspective (old-timers) to document early ASHRAE work.
Jeff H - anything related to weather data happening in the history
effort? Maybe some members of the weather data TC would contribute.

Linda - Does the forward of Engineering Weather Data have any mention of
the motivation for that data? Is that where the concept of using 99%
etc. was first used?

Anyone out there have a copy of the Fluor Products publication? It was
cited as the source of the US design data in the 1972 HOF.
Evaluated Weather Data For Cooling Equipment Design, Addendum No. 1,
Summer and Winter Data (Fluor Products Company, Santa Rosa, Calif., 1964).