[Bldg-sim] cold war, cold weather...

Linda Lawrie linda at fortlawrie.com
Fri Jun 7 08:17:26 PDT 2019

At 08:05 AM 6/7/2019, Michael J Witte via Bldg-sim wrote:
>Linda - Does the forward of Engineering Weather Data have any
>mention of the motivation for that data? Is that where the concept
>of using 99% etc. was first used?

It mentions 99%/97.5% (heating) and 1%/2.5%/5% (cooling).

The main first sentence says "This manual gives uniform engineering
weather data for winter heating design, heating degree days, summer
air conditioning design and criteria, for calculating energy
consumption estimates, and cooling degree days."  (No reference
document given about those).

Supersedes (several documents from 1967).

Since this was 1978 publication -- I imagine the 1972 HOF might have
had something?

------
Linda

http://climate.onebuilding.org - free repository of climate data for