[Bldg-sim] Natural ventilation system modelling LEED

Javed Iqbal javedvit at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 23:34:01 PDT 2019

Hi,

If you look into Advance Energy Modeling Guide, Appendix D page#74
carefully, It explicitly says Baseline to be as per ASHRAE 90.1. Also, it's
worth raising a CIR specific to the project OR GBCI also allow a conference
call to discuss special concerns, if any.

In my past experience, I have used Baseline system as per ASHRAE 90.1-2007
(for LEED v3.0), TABLE G3.1.1A and three Proposed cases (P1,P2 and P3) as
prescribed under Advance Energy Modeling Guide. It went through the review
with some minor clarifications at the end.

Hope this helps!!

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 4:50 AM sadaf via Bldg-sim <
bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need some help regarding the LEED energy modelling of Mechanical +
> naturally ventilated building under LEED NC.
>
> I read the Advance Energy guide. However, I am not clear about the
> baseline , as in would the baseline would be as per appendix G only. or
> there would be any alteration?. e.g if i have system 5 as per Appendix G ,
> then i would just model system 5 in my baseline ?.
>
> If anyone has done this kind of project. Kindly furnish some key details.
>
> Looking forward .
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards,
>
>  Sadaf
>

> *P Please consider your environmental responsibility - think before you
> print!l*

Javed Iqbal, LEED AP, CEA
Sr. Energy Analyst