[Bldg-sim] IECC vs 90.1 compliance modeling "survey"

Sue Reilly sreilly at group14eng.com
Wed Aug 14 15:59:44 PDT 2019

Erik,
We typically use C407 in 2015 IECC, unless a project can't meet the 15%
savings threshold, then we use ASHRAE 90.1-2013.  Under ASHRAE 90.1-2013
projects don't show any savings, but they have to do end-use monitoring and
receptacle control.  There are other differences, but design teams would
rather stick with what they know and that's the I-codes.

Sue Reilly, PE, LEED AP

Principal / Energy Team Leader

Group14 Engineering, PBC. Inspiring better buildings.

1325 East 16th Avenue, Denver, Colorado 80218

Direct: 720-221-1073 / Main: 303-861-2070 / Mobile: 720-299-6957

sreilly at group14eng.com | group14eng.com <http://www.group14eng.com/>

WBE / DBE / SBE Certified

<https://www.bcorporation.net/community/group14-engineering>
<http://justorganizations.com/just-profile/group14-engineering-inc>