[Bldg-sim] IBPSA-USA April 2019 Newsletter

Steven Ayala sayala81 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 09:00:00 PDT 2019

View this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/ibpsa.us/april-19-newsletter-3174602?e=[UNIQID]>
<http://ibpsa.us/>
 April 2019 Newsletter

<http://www.ibpsa.us/our-sponsors>

Thank you to our sponsors for their continued support! Become an IBPSA-USA
sponsor. <https://www.ibpsa.us/become-sponsor>

See all of our sponsors <https://www.ibpsa.us/our-sponsors>
IBPSA-USA News
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-summer-meeting-in-kansas-city-ibpsa-usa-tickets-60221903334>
*Early-Bird Tickets on Sale! IBPSA-USA Summer Meeting in Kansas City*

IBPSA-USA cordially invites you to our 2019 Summer Meeting! Come join
us at *Jack
Stack Barbecue* <https://www.jackstackbbq.com/freight-house/> to share and
discuss IBPSA-USA news, and enjoy the technical presentation for the
evening. Complete Program TBD. *Early-bird sales end May 15th!*

Learn More.
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-summer-meeting-in-kansas-city-ibpsa-usa-tickets-60221903334>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/win-2000-scholarship-funds-attend-building-simulation-2019-rome>
*Win up to $2,000 in Scholarship Funds to Attend Building Simulation 2019
in Rome*

IBPSA-USA is pleased to offer up to 5 scholarships for students & young
professionals to attend the IBPSA Building Simulation Conference in Rome
Italy, Sept. 2-4, 2019. Funding is provided by the U.S Department of
Energy. *Applications are due June 7, 2019.*

Read More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/win-2000-scholarship-funds-attend-building-simulation-2019-rome>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/clarifying-energy-simulation-aided-design-look-ashrae-standard-209>
*Clarifying Energy Simulation Aided Design: A Look at ASHRAE Standard 209*

Check out our newest guest article from Daniel Overbey, AIA, NCARB, LEED
Fellow (LEED AP BD+C, ID+C, O+M), WELL AP. Daniel is an Assistant Professor
of Architecture at Ball State University and the Director of Sustainability
at Browning Day Mullins Dierdorf in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Read More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/clarifying-energy-simulation-aided-design-look-ashrae-standard-209>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/videos/listing/understanding-iaq-requirements-through-modeling-and-monitoring-san-francisco-bay-area>
*Understanding IAQ Requirements Through Modeling and Monitoring - SFBA
Chapter Event*

A recording is now available for this 4/18 event, featuring presentations
from Marina Chavez-Blanco of Gabel Energy, and Raghu Sunnam from Stok. Read
more and watch a video of the webinar on our website (free for members).

Read More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/videos/listing/understanding-iaq-requirements-through-modeling-and-monitoring-san-francisco-bay-area>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/doe-announces-request-information-draft-rd-opportunities-building-energy-modeling>
*DOE Announces RFI on DRAFT R&D Opportunities for BEM*

The EERE and BTO has issued a Request for Information (RFI DE-FOA-0002118)
to solicit feedback from industry, academia, research laboratories,
government agencies, and other stakeholders on their BEM program and its
future directions and priorities.

Read More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/news/doe-announces-request-information-draft-rd-opportunities-building-energy-modeling>
See All News <http://www.ibpsa.us/news>
IBPSA-USA Education On Demand
 New Videos Added <https://www.ibpsa.us/videos/all>
IBPSA-USA offers a growing library of educational videos and webinars, and
online access is currently*free for IBPSA-USA members*. Not a member? *Join
now!* <https://www.ibpsa.us/become-ibpsa-usa-member>

*Now Available: *

Three part *Design* series from Building Simulation 2017:

<https://www.ibpsa.us/videos/all>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/videos/all>

Design 01: Design for Comfort
<https://www.ibpsa.us/videos/listing/design-01-design-comfort>

Design 02: Design for Purpose
<https://www.ibpsa.us/videos/listing/design-02-design-purpose>

Design 03: Design for Net-Zero
<https://www.ibpsa.us/videos/listing/design-03-design-net-zero>
See All Videos <https://www.ibpsa.us/videos/all>
IBPSA-USA Job Board
Below are just a few of the jobs available now. Browse current open
listings on our new job board, and sign-up to post your own:
*https://jobs.ibpsa.us/* <https://jobs.ibpsa.us/>

Building Performance Engineer, Level II at Ambient Energy in Denver
<https://jobs.ibpsa.us/job/building-performance-engineer-level-ii>

Solutions Architect at New Ecology in Boston
<https://jobs.ibpsa.us/job/solutions-architect>

*Job Openings in LBNL’s Simulation Research Group
<https://jobs.ibpsa.us/job/job-openings-lbnl%E2%80%99s-simulation-research-group-0>*
See All Jobs <https://jobs.ibpsa.us/>

Upcoming Trainings & Events
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/energyplus-openstudio-dallas-registration-59608216781>
*May 20-22: Big Ladder Software EnergyPlus & OpenStudio Workshops in Dallas*

Two workshops will be held at The University of Texas at Dallas: EnergyPlus
for Practitioners (May 20 - 21), and OpenStudio Launch Pad (May
22). Workshop instructor: Aaron Boranian.

Learn More.
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/energyplus-openstudio-dallas-registration-59608216781>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/sfba-chapter-may-2019-event-thermal-comfort>
*May 28: Thermal Comfort - SFBA Chapter Event*

Join the SF Bay Area Chapter online or in-person for three presentations on
thermal comfort from: *Stefano Schiavon*
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/stefanoschiavon>, *Thomas Parkinson*
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/thomas-parkinson-31a575105>, and *Nathaniel
Jones* <https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathanieljon>.

Learn More.
<https://www.ibpsa.us/sfba-chapter-may-2019-event-thermal-comfort>
<https://www.ibpsa.us/save-date-building-simulation-2019>
*Sept. 2-4: Building Simulation 2019*

Register now for the premier international event in the field of building
performance simulation. An exceptional opportunity to share information
about simulation tools and applications, present and get updates about
recent achievements and new developments in the research, illustrate case
studies and share best practices.

Learn More. <https://www.ibpsa.us/save-date-building-simulation-2019>
See All Events <http://www.ibpsa.us/events>
*Copyright © 2019 IBPSA-USA, All rights reserved.*

unsubscribe from this list
<https://ibpsa.us3.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=545ecdecc811a6e412a8810dd&id=0769126d70&e=[UNIQID]&c=07010a261a>
    update subscription preferences
<https://ibpsa.us3.list-manage.com/profile?u=545ecdecc811a6e412a8810dd&id=0769126d70&e=[UNIQID]>