[Bldg-sim] Reg: Query For DesignBuilder

Jim Dirkes jim at buildingperformanceteam.com
Wed Sep 5 13:06:19 PDT 2018

All lighting and equipment values are within 1% of each other. That's
probably close enough to be considered "the same", considering the complex
E+ calculations and some rounding errors, but it is less close than seems
reasonable. Have you compared inputs and schedules for each of those in
each IDF?

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 8:56 AM, Kiran Ghosh via Bldg-sim <
bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently modelling a simple HVAC model on DesignBuilder. I need to
> run the simulation to obtain annual electricity consumption due to Cooling,
> Lighting and Interior Equipment for different construction materials. For
> some reason, while all the input is the same apart from the U value for the
> external wall, the electricity end-use for lighting and interior equipment
> changes as follows:
>
> U value Lighting Equipment
> 2.04 496.38 885.89
> 2 494.72 880.84
> 1.85 487.9 860.3
>
> The LPD and Equipment Power Density remains the same with the same
> schedule, why is the annual electricity consumption changing?
> --
> Thanks and Regards
> Kiran K Ghosh
> +919582904515
> +918152036434
> kirankghosh31 at gmail.com

James V Dirkes II, CEO / President
The Building Performance Team Inc.
1631 Acacia Dr, Grand Rapids, MI 49504

(alphabet soup of efforts for greater understanding: PE, BEMP, BCxP, LEED
AP)

Direct / Mobile: 616.450.8653
jim at buildingperformanceteam.com

Website <http://buildingperformanceteam.com>l  LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jim-dirkes/7/444/413>

*Coffee conversation:*

Former gang member counseling a friend about how to improve his public
speaking: "You have to pepper your talk with self-defecating humor. "

Friend: "No shit."