[Bldg-sim] Energy Plus Site Shading

Eva Skorupka eva at karpmanconsulting.net
Fri May 18 11:03:01 PDT 2018

Hi All,

We are working on an Energy Plus model which is currently modeled with
relative coordinates and we'd like to add in site shading on each facade
(East, West, North, South) that is the same width and height of each
facade, but 30 ft away.

How should the site shading be placed in world coordinates in order for it
to be consistent with its exterior wall which is referenced in relative
coordinates?

Also, if coordinates on the IDF editor are switched from relative to world,
does this automatically update the coordinates in the model, or would that
have to manually be done? Does anyone know of a program that does that for
you?

Thanks in advance.