[Bldg-sim] building indoor temperature and humidity prediction

Nicholas Caton Nicholas.Caton at schneider-electric.com
Mon Mar 5 10:25:11 PST 2018

Hello Ibrahim,

If it’s an existing/built building, you’ll want to acquire a quantity of these to measure directly:  http://www.onsetcomp.com/products/data-loggers/ux100-003.  Very useful for objectively quantifying occupant comfort issues and operation/malfunctions of building or space-level humidity controls, which can then support energy savings/costs associated with correcting those kinds of issues.

If it’s a new building or else only on paper at the moment, any number of energy simulation software can report temperature and RH of airstreams at a system or zonal resolution.  eQuest/doe2 is among them, however I’m inclined to suggest/request you to be more specific about your purpose and end-goals, supplemented with any existing building simulation experience/skillsets.  eQuest comes with a definite learning curve before it’s outputs can be leveraged with confidence, and there might be software more purpose-built options appropriate to your task(s) at hand that I or others could suggest.

~Nick

[cid:image001.png at 01D3B47C.FFB012F0]
Nick Caton, P.E., BEMP
  Senior Energy Engineer