[Bldg-sim] Wind driven rain data

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Wed Jul 4 14:12:26 PDT 2018

What is your definition for Wind-driven Rain?  Practically all weather
station reports, including official stations available in NOAA's ISD as
well as unofficial "Personal Weather Stations" hosted on
WeatherUnderground, contain information on liquid precipitation (LP),
wind speed, and wind direction.  Can the WDR be calculated from these
standard parameters, maybe as the LP * f(wspd, wdir) ?

Joe