[Bldg-sim] dwg - Design Builder and model variants

Karol BANDURSKI via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon Jun 5 12:48:44 PDT 2017

Dear Experts,

I start with Design Builder (I have used TRNSYS earlier). I am going to
simulate multifamily residential building with about 170 apartments. I will
simulate for HQE certificate: thermal comfort in summer, energy consumption
and natural lighting.

1) Could you write me which way to create model from *.dwg file will be the
easiest and the cheapest if I don't have SketchUp Pro?
2) From which model it will be better to start: general for energy
calculation (zones are spaces with the same temperature) or more detailed
for comfort calculation (bedrooms, living rooms separated)?

I would be grateful for any advices!

Kind regards,
Karol Bandurski
Karol BANDURSKI M. Sc.
Faculty of Civil and Environemntal Engeneering
Division of Heating, Air Conditioning and Air Protection
Poznan University of Technology
www.put.poznan.pl/~karol. bandurski
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Karol_Bandurski