[Bldg-sim] 8760 Load Profiles

Alex Chapin via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon Jun 19 12:44:55 PDT 2017

One approach I've done recently is to use a combination of the 8,760
profiles in HOMER PRO (you can get the profiles while using the free trial)
by building industry type (industrial, commercial, residential) and then
scale them to match the annual energy use determined from CBECS for the
specific building type and climate of your buildings. CBECS does have
energy broken out by end-use category, but this approach described above
won't tell you the 8,760 profiles of each end-use category.

Thanks,
Alex