[Bldg-sim] adjacen zones Design Builder

Jim Dirkes via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon Jun 19 07:31:28 PDT 2017

Dear Karol,
While you may get good answers here, I think that the DesignBuilder forum
is a better place to ask software-specific questions.

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 10:04 AM, Karol Bandurski via Bldg-sim <
bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org> wrote:

> Dear Users of Design Builder.,
>
> I am preparing my first model in DB. Unfortunately it is block of flats
> (not
> just single family building). I am going to calculate energy demand of this
> building (heating, artificial lighting), and then thermal comfort acc. to
> Givoni guidelines for summer.
>
> My question is how can I check if software see that one zone is adjacent to
> another?
> Regard zones on the same level I see the names of adjacent zones in the
> brackets, next to partitions names. But how can I check it for zones
> adjacent by floor or ceiling?
> If the same way, it is mean that my first and second floor dosen't see to
> each other - how can I change it?
>
> Regards,
> Karol
> Karol BANDURSKI M. Sc.
> Faculty of Civil and Environemntal Engeneering
> Division of Heating, Air Conditioning and Air Protection
> Poznan University of Technology
> https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Karol_Bandurski
> www.put.poznan.pl/~karol.bandurski

James V Dirkes II, CEO/President
The Building Performance Team Inc.
1631 Acacia Dr, GR, MI 49504

(alphabet soup: PE, BEMP, BCxP, LEED AP)

Direct / Mobile: 616.450.8653
jim at buildingperformanceteam.com

Website <http://buildingperformanceteam.com>l  LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jim-dirkes/7/444/413>

*Coffee conversation:*… the minute one is labeled mean-spirited simply
for raising an opposing view, debate is silenced. If we disqualify
legitimate discussion, we compromise our ability to know the truth. We
need to cultivate the ability to disagree civilly and not take
opposition personally. We must also have the grace to allow our own
views to be challenged with evidence and reasoning…

.