[Bldg-sim] Seeking Detail calculation on Internal heat gain for a building simulation
Rasheed Ahmad via Bldg-sim
bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Aug 2 09:46:44 PDT 2017
I am very new to simulation and hence need help from you all experienced
people. I have to model a office of lets say 2500 meter square. and
calculate its energy consumptions
What i understand is that i need now
- Building location and geometry
- Building materials (walls, windows, u-values, shading coefficients)
- General operation of the building
- All interior load values (Lighting, plug loads, occupant numbers and
- Zoning requirements
- System types
Since firstly i am calculating the Internal heat gain,
occupant heat gain = no. of people X ( Metabolic rate from ASHRAE 55) X
area of the zone= Watts.. am i right??
2) for Lighting Heat gain : Area of the zone X lpd from ASHRAE = Watts ???
3) for Equipemtn : Lets say i have 40 computers , so Equipment heat gain
will be = 40 x 50 Wtt ( ASHRAE 90.1)???? I am right?? to find out which
section of ASHRAE is useful.
Please help me
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bldg-sim