[Bldg-sim] Seeking Detail calculation on Internal heat gain for a building simulation

Rasheed Ahmad via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Aug 2 09:46:44 PDT 2017

Dear All,

I am very new to simulation and hence need help from you all experienced
people. I have to model a office of lets say 2500 meter square. and
calculate its energy consumptions

What i understand is that i need now

   - Building location and geometry
   - Building materials (walls, windows, u-values, shading coefficients)
   - General operation of the building
   - All interior load values (Lighting, plug loads, occupant numbers and
   activity level).
   - Zoning requirements
   - System types

Since firstly i am calculating the Internal heat gain,
occupant heat gain = no. of people X ( Metabolic rate from ASHRAE 55) X
area of the zone= Watts.. am i right??

2) for Lighting Heat gain : Area of the zone X lpd from ASHRAE = Watts ???

3) for Equipemtn : Lets say i have 40 computers , so Equipment heat gain
will be = 40 x 50 Wtt ( ASHRAE 90.1)???? I am right??  to find out which
section of ASHRAE is useful.

Please help me