[Bldg-sim] Weather Station recommendations

Lukas Hovee via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Fri Nov 11 12:54:15 PST 2016

FYI -

The EnergyPlus Weather File Converter packaged with the Energy Plus
download includes two methods for performing the direct/diffuse split:
Zhang-Huang and the Perez Split.  See the Energy Plus Auxiliary Programs
for more detail:

http://bigladdersoftware.com/epx/docs/8-6/auxiliary-programs/definitions-file-custom-file-processing.html#custom-file-processing---solar-radiation-value-calculation

I've recently successfully used this tool to generate an EPW given only
hourly global horizontal (plus the necessary non-solar measurements).
One bug I would mention - for the 'Custom File Processing' option, it
only seems to accept space delimited files - even if you specify
otherwise in the Definitions file...

-  Luke

--
Lukas Hovee, P.E.

*360 Analytics*
Building Energy Analysis Consultants
mail:     710 2nd Ave, Suite 925, Seattle, WA 98104
office:  206.557.4732 x 202
cell:      206.909.0106
web:    www.360-Analytics.com
*** We've moved! Please note our new address above.*