[Bldg-sim] Regarding Trade-off method for building envelope performance factor, ASHRAE 90.1-2007

manasa lingamallu via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon May 23 03:09:52 PDT 2016

Hello,
         I am Manasa Lingamallu pursuing 4th year at Building Science, IIIT
Hyderabad. I am currently working on developing a tool that calculates
Envelope Performance Factor (EPF) using Trade-off option. In this method I
am supposed to use Floor area factor (FAF), for which I am unable to find
its definition in ASHRAE.
         Please could anyone help me by defining it and also by suggesting
method to calculate FAF.

Thankyou.