[Bldg-sim] 90.1-2013 vs 2015 IECC Performance Path Compliance

Duggin, Cory via Bldg-sim bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon May 2 10:08:07 PDT 2016

Does anyone have experience showing code compliance via the performance path in 90.1-2013 vs 2015 IECC?  I have a project that isn't meeting the 15% threshold against the 2015 IECC standard reference design (per C401.2(3)).  I have always thought the 15% was to level the compliance paths, but the main difference I am finding between the 2015  IECC SRD and 90.1-2013 budget building is the mandatory plug load control requirement.  What am I missing to account for the 15% difference?

Thanks,

Cory Duggin, PE, LEED AP BD+C, BEMP
Principal/Energy Modeling Wizard
TLC Engineering for Architecture