[Bldg-sim] climate zone Rome

MIke Tillou michael.tillou at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 11:56:27 PST 2016

Francesco,

I just checked my SI version of 90.1 and in fact the Climate Zone for Rome
listed in Table B1-3 should be climate zone 3 not 4 based on the HDD and CDD
data listed in Table D-3 and the Climate Zone criteria listed in Table B
1-4.

One suggestion would be to submit an informal request to ASHRAE 90.1
clarifying whether this is a mistake.  The committee can usually turn around
an informal interpretation very quickly and then you would be able to submit
to LEED with greater confidence using the correct Climate Zone.

My gut says that GBCI would be reasonable in accepting the use of Climate
Zone 3 given that it is pretty clear this is an error in Table B1-3.

Cheers,

Mike

Michael Tillou, PE, LEED AP BD+C, ASHRAE BEMP

Atelier Ten

T +1 (212) 254 4500 x208